<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 22, 2005

A walk down memory lane 

washingtonpost.com – White House Briefing – News on President George W Bush and the Bush Administration

I'm not really commenting on the story itself really, just an odd line taken from a debate at a christian college that georgie will be speaking at, one that happens to be the site of one of the republican presidential debates from 2000.

"There's a fundamental difference here," McCain said. "I believe we must save Social Security, we must pay down the debt, we have to make investment in Medicare. For us to put all of the tax cuts -- all of the surplus into tax cuts, I think, is not a conservative effort. I think it's a mistake. I think we should put that money into allowing Americans to be sure that their Social Security system will be there when they retire."

Bush shot back: "I have a plan that takes $2 trillion over the next 10 years and dedicates it to Social Security. My plan has been called risky by voices out of Washington. In my judgment, what's risky is to leave a lot of unspent money in Washington, because guess what's going to happen: It's going to be spent on bigger federal governments."


You've come a long way george. I think you've proven that just about anything you do could be called 'risky', be it your domestic agenda or in terms of foriegn policy. I think all of America's problems are really the result of a spoiled child with attention deficit disorder who happens to hold the office of the president, and thats being kind.

tomkitty


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?